Popular MeteoEarth app now optimised for iPhone X
One of the most popular weather apps just got better. MeteoEarth (App Store, GooglePlay), the revolutionary weather app from MeteoGroup, the global weather authority, has just been optimised for iPhoneX.
Adapted from a professional weather broadcast tool used by TV presenters around the world and employing high-end gaming technology never before used in a weather app, MeteoEarth features stunning graphics that truly bring the weather to life. With over 1.3 million downloads for the iOS version alone since 2015, MeteoEarth is one of the most successful weather apps.
MeteoEarth focuses on map display. The home screen displays a globe that you can move with familiar swipe gestures. The application provides live animations that show the current temperatures, precipitation, barometric pressure, cloud cover and wind.
MeteoEarth for iOS
Thanks to the latest update to version 2.3, which has been optimised for the iPhone X, the customised app looks ways better on the big screen, making it more fun to use. Furthermore, minor bugs reported by users have been fixed.
The integration of climate data from the past 30 years has made MeteoEarth particularly exciting. Now, you can easily check what the weather conditions were like at the resort in recent years. It also means you can find out what the best month is to take a trip to Cambodia, whether you can hike through the mountains from your seaside resort or if the weather will be different there. You can also check which Mediterranean beach has pleasant water temperatures in May.
MeteoEarth is an app for weather observation. In addition to a wealth of historical values, it features tons of current data. You can simply select a weather layer and display it on the map.
Navigate the 3D globe at the touch of a button, spin seamlessly from place to place, zoom in on a rain front moving over Europe then pan out to see a hurricane approaching Florida. With MeteoEarth, seeing is believing. You don’t need to be a weather enthusiast to love MeteoEarth. Thanks to the awesome design and smooth movement it’s simply a pleasure to use this app.
- • Explore Earth using simple finger commands to zoom in, out and around a 3D globe.
- • Pause, rewind and move forward in time for 24-hour weather forecast.
- • Save an unlimited number of favourite locations and synchronise via iCloud (iOS).
- • Choose and combine multiple weather layers to show cloud cover, precipitation, wind, pressure.
- • Track hurricanes and typhoons with the storm tracker.
- • Access thousands of live weather webcams covering popular destinations around the world.
- • Switch to climate view and check the weather in a holiday destination at any time of the year.
- • Download the data and continue to use MeteoEarth in offline mode when there is no signal.
- • Connectivity via Apple TV – Show MeteoEarth on the big screen.
The download is free of charge, includes advertising. You can also download an ad-free premium version if you decide to subscribe. This premium service also offers an extended 5-day weather forecast and the option of checking wind conditions at any altitude right up to the jetstream. One subscription covers all premium services on MeteoEarth, AlertsPro, RainToday and WeatherPro.